St. Declan’s Way 2023 – Gift Tokens
We are delighted to announce that the Knockmealdown Active group will walk all five stages of St. Declan’s Way once again in 2023. Booking will open in mid-January 2023. Keep an eye on the St. Declan’s Way Facebook Page for updated information.
In the interim, Gift Tokens are available here if you would like to give a gift of a single stage or, indeed, all five stages to someone.
Download templates for Deferred Sending or Printing
It is possible to send your token/s to the intended recipient at a time of your choosing, rather than immediately from the system. To do this you should send the token to your own email address (make yourself the recipient). You can then download one of the templates below, input the recipient’s name, your name and the Coupon Code (which you’ll have received by email). The templates are in Word format. When you’ve inputted the information go to File > Export and create a PDF file. This PDF can then be sent from your computer via email or printed and physically sent by post. Each template has instructions on page 2, remember to delete this second page before you save the PDF.
Keep it Local this Christmas
All funds raised by Knockmealdown Active’s five stage walk from Cashel to Ardmore are funnelled back into the communities along the route. The group does this by sourcing everything needed to run the walks locally and investing in upgrading the route and infrastructure.
*** Purchase Gift Tokens Now ***
How can tokens be used?
These tokens are exclusively to pay for the St. Declan’s Way event in March/April 2023. Find out more about the event below. Each token is single use, i.e. it can only be used once for the intended use.
If you are interested in taking part, please note the following dates:
- March 18th – Cashel to Cahir
- March 19th – Cahir to Goatenbridge
- April 8th (Holy Saturday) – Goatenbridge to Lismore – in association with Pilgrim Paths Week 2023.
- April 29th – Lismore to Aglish
- April 30th – Aglish to Ardmore
The Knockmealdown Active group, which boasts significant expertise in such event management, is once again organising this five stage guided walk of the entire route.
The Walk Stages and Dates
Stages are approximately 21/22 km each, run during March & April as follows:
- First Stage: Saturday March 18th– Cashel to Cahir (park in Cahir, bus to Cashel, walk to Cahir) – approx. 22km – mainly flat back roads.
- Second Stage: Sunday March 19th – Cahir to Goatenbridge (park in Goatenbridge, bus to Cahir, walk to Goatenbridge) – approx. 21km – mainly flat back roads.
- Third Stage: Saturday April 8th (Holy Saturday) – Goatenbridge to Lismore (park in Lismore, bus to Goatenbridge, walk to Lismore). Note: this stage crosses the Knockmealdown Mountains and will require a certain level of fitness. All other stages are relatively flat – 28km – back roads & forest trails. This stage is part of the Pilgrim Paths Week 2022 celebration.
- Fourth Stage: Saturday April 29th – Lismore to Aglish (park in Aglish, bus to Lismore, walk to Aglish) – 21km – mainly flat back roads.
- Fifth Stage: Sunday April 30th – Aglish to Ardmore (park in Ardmore, bus to Aglish, walk to Ardmore)- 22km – mainly flat back roads & cleared tracks – finishes along the beach.
- Be over 16 years of age (or accompanied by an adult).
- Be in a fit physical condition.
- Have reasonable walking experience.
- Have wind and waterproof clothing & wear suitable footwear.
- Bring a fully charged mobile phone.
- Sign in at the start and finish check points on the day.
- Pay the entry fee in advance (booking will be online only) or pay using a Gift Token.
- No dogs allowed – unfortunately we are not in a position to cater for them.
*** Purchase Gift Tokens Now ***